Thursday, July 11, 2013

I was predestined to be an entertainer: Ranveer Singh

Ranveer Singh made a splash into
Bollywood with his debut film 'Baand
Baaja Baraat'. He may just be three films
old, but Ranveer Singh is making all the
right choices in the film industry. In
Vikramaditya Motwane's latest film, 'Lootera', Ranveer plays a thief who falls
in love with Sonakshi Sinha's character.
Set in 1953, the film is all about subtle
romance. Actor Ranveer Singh joined
Star Report readers for an interaction on his
film 'Lootera'.

Q. Hi, what is it like working with
Sonakshi? You both are such good actors.
I bet you guys taught each other a lot.

A. Sonakshi has taught a lot to me, she
acts very effortlessly but I work a lot
before the shooting.

Q. How was your experience with
Sonakshi while working together, was
she too good or average girl with hit
quality?

A. Sonakshi is very easy going about her
work, she creates very calm environment.

Q. How is the feeling after this great
appreciation from critics for 'Lootera'?

A. It feels amazing, it gives confidence
about your own craft. More than critics is
the audience, its a beautiful feeling.

Q. How was it like working with
Vikramaditya?

A. He is a genuine, master craftsman. He
is always there to help you. He is very
organised, it was amazing working with
him.

Q. You always knew that you can act so
well?

A. I knew I could act, well is something
audience decides. I was predestined to
be an entertainer.

Q. There are many challenging project are
coming for you like Gunday, Ram Leela
etc. Which is the toughest one for you ?

A. 'Ram Leela' is much tough, 'Gunday' is
a mainstream Bollywood movie. 'Ram
leela' is demanding as its very emotional.
Bhansali ji keep on making changes, he
has very high standards.

Q. Is it
that you always wanted to be an actor or
advertising was your first love?

A. Acting is my first love. It was far
fetched dream for me during school days,
so I studied advertising in US. I'm
working on 3 scripts, hopefully it will
come out but right now I'm busy acting.
The scripts could take some time.

Q. What was more challenging: Acting in
your first movie or acting in 'Lootera'?

A. Both were equally difficult, may be
'Lootera' slightly more.

Q. Can you rate them as per your
experiences: 1. Vikramaditya Motwane 2.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali 3. Ali Abbas Zafar
4. Maneesh Sharma?

A. Every experience has his own charm
and fun. They all have taught me a lot.

Q. Now a days whom do you think the
actor will rule the Bollywood for next few
decades part from you.

A. I don't know.

Q. Have you ever regretted doing acting
instead of creative writing?

A. Never ever, it was my dream though
I'm passionate about creative writing as
well.

No comments:

Post a Comment