Monday, July 8, 2013

Katrina Kaif is very attractive, want to work with her: Siddharth Malhotra

He has immaculate style
sense, loves spouting Bollywood
dialogues and is fully aware of the
challenges he has to face as an 'outsider'
in the showbiz industry to make the cut
with his audience. Even though Siddharth Malhotra continues to dominate
headlines for bagging interesting movie
offers, the actor makes an earnest effort
to remain grounded.

Star Report Fully Bollywood Magazine you why his fan base will
expand exponentially and what makes
actress Katrina Kaif so special in his life.

Yes, I'm an outsider: It is a fact that
ruling the box office, and bagging much
sought after awards comes easily to the
star kids. Siddharth Malhotra, who
assisted Karan Johar in Shah Rukh Khan-
starrer 'My Name is Khan', before making his Bollywood debut in 'Student of the
Year', admits being the proverbial
'outsider' who is all set to take Bollywood
by storm. "I call myself an outsider
because in Mumbai I don't have anything
to fall back on. So if things don't work in my favour, I will have to
pack up and
come back to Delhi. That's why I want to
make concerted efforts to carve a space
for myself in Bollywood."

Loud and boisterous Punjabification in
Bollywood is passe: In 'Ghanchakkar'
Vidya Balan played a loud and boisterous
Punjabi housewife who is happy and
content wearing tacky outfits. But is the
Punjabi-ish avatar less enjoyable and more demeaning? "Yes, and it is just so
pass. I also feel people love to stick to old
notions of Delhi boys who are expected
to be rowdy and loud. We coming in will
definitely change that perspective.
Interestingly, everyone I have met so far have said, 'You don't look
like a typical
Delhi boy because you aren't loud. And
that opinion, I feel, is weird.' But I hope I
will change it," he says.

Is Siddharth dating someone? The actor
cracks a smile when we ask him how he
manages to steer clear from dating
rumours, a strategy many celebrities
resort to for publicity. "Maybe I'm
keeping secrets," he laughs, adding, "But the fact is that it is a
deliberate attempt
to stay focused in career. This is the time
when I should be concentrating on the
projects that are coming way. There is a
lot to do and I don't want to lose focus in
life."

Katrina Kaif should meet my mother
soon: Siddharth Malhotra, who recently
launched Vespa scooter in Delhi, not only
wants to ride it to make a grand entry in
'Student Of The Year 2', but is also keen
on having Katrina Kaif riding it as a pillion passenger. "Katrina Kaif is very
attractive; she is a cool girl to chat up
with. She has the correct European
styling." Siddharth is also interested in
sharing the screen space with Katrina.
"I'm really interested in doing a film with Katrina Kaif as she is a
great performer.
If something really comes up, I would
like to take it up," he replies.

With Siddharth admitting his strong
affection and fondness for Katrina, we
couldn't resist asking him if he would
also want the actress to meet his mother
soon? "Very soon, hopefully. I will go
back and ask Katrina this too," he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment