Monday, September 16, 2013

Shahid paid just Rs. 1.5 lakhs for a film?

While it is heard that young stars take big
fat cheques home with their initial
assignments, such was not the case with
chocolate boy, Shahid Kapoor. The actor
recently revealed that he was paid a
paltry amount for his first film Ishq Vishk on which he managed to survive a few
days.

"This was the time when he was just
trying to find a foothold in the industry,"
informs a source, "He had done a few
commercials and also featured as a
background dancer in Taal. However, he
knew in his heart that he had it in him to be a leading hero. After
giving multiple
auditions and convincing director Ken
Ghosh that he was the right fit for the
film, he bagged Ishq Vishk."

There wasn't much that came his way
from the remuneration perspective
though, something that Shahid can joke
about today after working with the same
production company (TIPS) on Phata
Poster Nikhla Hero.

Says Shahid, "This is the same office
where I would come and wait for hours
together for the payment of my first film.
I was advised to look at opportunities and
not at the money. I used to tell them that
I need the money for my day-to-day living."

He continues revealing "I was paid Rs. 1.5 lakhs for it. That's hardly
any money, but
yes I could survive on it for a few days."

Well, from Rs. 1.5 lakhs to several crores
that he gets for his films today, one can
well say that Shahid has come a long way
in the decade gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment