Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: Bollywood’s ‘Exotic’ Beauty

An actress par excellence, a diva that sets
the paparazzi going click, click, a
fashionista that the world admires and a
human being with inspirational
sensitivities, Priyanka Chopra is a darling
of sorts. Her tweets are fun, but she is even more fun to be with. You spend two
minutes with this leggy model and you
know you are in for a wonderful joyride!

She is one hard working soul, who has
traversed the global distance today with
her latest single Exotic featuring rap icon Pitbull, has never had it
easy. But her
funda to success is what carves her
identity, she exclaims! " It has to be
always hard work that has helped me be
who I am today. I was in school, just 17
when I was conferred upon with the pageant and in one manner, my journey
started there. But that was just the
beginning of the struggle. Suddenly when
I am 19, I am doing something which I
hardly knew with people who I hardly
have met ever. I have fought my own battles and maybe this was also one of
the many battles that I have come across.
I am fighter and I never wanted to lose.
That's what my parents always taught
me"

Considering that she debuted at an age
where Models were considered mere
showpieces without an adept ability to
emote on screen, she profusely refused
to agree to it, shining with all the sheen,
shutting all her critics up and how. "I think that is a phrase that
people should
throw out of the window now! There
have been too many models who have
proved that they can act! There was Juhi
Chawla, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan,
Sushmita, Lara and then Katrina too. Even Katrina was a model! So many
people have done that. They have proved
their mettle and made other aspiring
models proud. So I feel it is not right to
say that! I think acting is a very individual
thing. Either you know it or you don't! So connecting it to your
modeling career or
your theatre influences is something not
correct."

From the very naïve days of her debut
film Andaaz to today, Priyanka has
shown an immense metamorphosis in
strength, flair and fashion. Ask her and
she would brush it off with her sparkling
smile. "At the end of the day, you have to grow, right? I think because I was so
young, I grew up in films. My glamour
world or showbiz has been who I am! I
guess, I don't know anything else. The
only thing I knew was that I don't want
to be fit into a box. I don't want to be just another heroine!"

Though celebrations might not be
welcome for our loving Piggy Chops this
year, we wish this Daddy's li'l girl to shine
with all the glitterati and prosper in all
her future endeavors. Take India to new
heights woman and make your father proud, 'coz we know you're worth it!
Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment